- “Ayushman Bharat”: Two major initiatives towards Universal Health Coverage.
- National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) to be launched to cover 50 crore beneficiaries.
- Rs. 1200 crore for Health and Wellness Centres.
- 24 new Government Medical Colleges and Hospitals by upgrading existing district hospitals.
- Additional Rs. 600 crore to provide for nutritional support to all TB patients at the rate of Rs. 500 per month for the duration of their treatment.
- Raising limit of deduction for health insurance premium and/or medical expenditure from Rs.30,000 to Rs.50,000 under section 80D. All senior citizens can claim benefit of deduction up to Rs.50,000 per annum in respect of any health insurance premium and/or any general medical expenditure incurred.
- Raising limit of deduction for medical expenditure in respect of certain critical illness from Rs.60,000 for senior citizens and from Rs.80,000 for very senior citizens to Rs.1 lakh for all senior citizens under section 80DDB