- Allocations for Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change remains unchanged and stands at Rs. 2,675 crore in 2018-19 (BE), the same as 2017-18 (BE & RE).
- Increase in budget for Ministry of New and Renewable Energy by 8.5 percent.
- Meagre increase of Rs. 1.5 crore in National Adaptation Fund on Climate Change (NAFCC) scheme of Ministry Of Environment, Forests and Climate Change from 2017-18(RE).
- Off Grid/Distributed and Decentralised Renewable Power allocation declines by 7.5 percent from level in 2017-18 (RE).
- Government announced to take necessary measures and encourage State governments to put in place a mechanism so that their surplus solar power is purchased by distribution companies.
- Announcement for a special scheme on air pollution control to subsidise machinery required for insitu management of crop residue to support the efforts of the governments of Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and the NCT of Delhi.